As part of a well structured hiring or promotion process, we can help to dramatically improve overall predictability and success.
A man's true delight is to do the things he was made for.
- Marcus Aurelius
- A truly objective analysis of an applicant
- Behaviorally oriented questions to provide guidance in an interview
- Insight as to how to best manage an employee to get productive performance faster
- Development suggestions to help the applicant improve performance
- Evidence of due diligence in the event of litigation
- Job Benchmarking
- Assessment Testing
- Reference Checking
Achiever Assessment Measurements
Six Mental Aptitudes
- Mental Acuity - learning comprehension, judgment, reasoning and problem-solving ability
- Business Terms - knowledge of basic business terms
- Memory Recall - knowledge of current events as they relate to the job
- Vocabulary - general English vocabulary skills
- Numerical Perception - ability to handle numerically related tasks quickly and accurately
- Mechanical Interest - measures interest in the mechanical area
Ten Personality Traits
- Energy - energy, drive, tension and stress levels
- Flexibility - integrity, reliability, dependability and work ethics
- Organization - personal orientation to plan and utilize time wisely
- Communication - innate ability to meet and interact with people
- Emotional Development - ego, self-esteem, self-confidence and ability to handle pressure
- Assertiveness - strength and determination to get one's way
- Competitiveness - team orientation versus individualistic competitiveness
- Mental Toughness - psychological stamina to deal with life and job problems
- Questioning/Probing - instinct to question and probe rather than accepting things at face value
- Motivation - security-motivated or recognition, incentive and commission oriented
- Distortion - frankness of the respondent as related to the statistical validity of the personality dimensions
- Equivocation - consistent decision-making of the respondent as it relates to the accuracy of the personality dimensions measured
The assessment uses the Stanine scoring system to compare an individual's scores to a benchmark and the Normal Distribution.
Assessments offered by ALG are statistically validated, comply with legal and regulatory requirements and have all been thoroughly evaluated and tested in the field. Each one is specifically selected or developed to relate to a particular segment of a prospective or existing employment relationship. When properly implemented by our trained and experienced professionals, these instruments can dramatically impact your success.
Why Testing Matters
A recent McKinsey & Company study noted, “A” performers are 50-100% more productive than “C” performers. So, how does an employer identify potential “A” performers? By testing them with The Achiever.
What Manager's Want1...
1 Society for Human Resource Management Survey of 1,331 Personnel Managers
- Violent/Bizarre Behavior - 54%
- Personality Traits - 52%
- Work Habits - 48%
- Reason for leaving previous employer - 44%
- People skills - 43%
- Overall Impression - 35%
- Special skills - 34%
- Salary History - 30%